A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it me takes about the same time or longer to edit images as it does to type. Snagit by TechSmith helps me a great deal.
Snagit is not a full photo editor by any means, but it does help provide some useful embellishments to images or screen shots without requiring a lot of work.
I love Snagit for three reasons.
- To capture scrolling windows (for web designs)
- To add annotation, drawing, and markup on the image
- The quick drop shadow effect
Key features I use:
- Edges- Drop shadow, fade, torn, wave, saw, shark tooth, beveled
- Watermark, resize, flip
- Image types: jpg, png, gif